Are you facing Bad System Config Info on Windows 10? Today, BangsTech will show you the best fixes to solve this blue screen of death (BSOD).
Have you encountered the blue screen of death (BSOD) showing BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO error is bad, are you wondering why this error occur? What does bad system config info mean?
Well, you have come to the right place. Here, BangsTech will discuss the common reasons for bad system config info on Windows 10 and how to fix it.
The most common reason for this error message is the malfunctioning of registry and system files or Boot Configuration Data file. Besides this, it can be caused due to following reasons also:
Bad system config info is caused by specific invalid registry entries. There is always a way to repair them. Kindly follow the steps below.
However, before making any changes to the registry as a precautionary measure, we suggest taking a backup of the registry.
Once you have the registry backed up, follow the steps to fix the corrupt Windows registry.
1. Boot Windows using Windows 10 installation DVD. However, if you do not have the DVD, you can boot Windows from a bootable USB.
2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt.
3. Enter the following command one after the other (press Enter after each command) in the Command Prompt window:
Note: Pressing Enter key after each command renames the folder.
4. Afterward, enter following command in the Command Prompt window:
Note: Doing so replaces old files.
5. Exit Command Prompt and reboot the PC.
Outdated, corrupt, and incompatible drivers are also a reason for stop code bad system config info error. To fix this, you need to update outdated drivers. This can be done both manually and automatically. To save time and avoid risking the system, we recommend an automatic way, for this, you can use Smart Driver Care. An excellent driver updating tool for Windows.
However, if you want to update drivers manually, follow the steps below:
Note: To manually update drivers, you need time and patience. Also, if you have a bit of technical knowledge, it is best as it will help download the right driver.
1. Press Windows + X > Device Manager
2. This will open the Device Manager window.
3. Click Action tab > Scan for hardware changes. Now check the list of installed drivers. If you see an exclamation sign next to any driver > select it > right-click > Update driver.
4. Select the first option from the new windows and wait for the process to finish.
5. If an update is available, it will be automatically installed.
6. Once updating the driver, restart the system to Apply changes. Now try to run the system bad system config info, should now be fixed.
7. However, if Windows returns, the best drivers for your device are already installed. Click Search for updated drivers on Windows Update.
8. You will now see the Windows Update screen, install them and restart the system to apply changes.
If this sounds too much work, you can update drivers using a third-party tool called Smart Driver Care. To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Smart Driver Care
2. Run the tool and hit Scan Now
3. Wait for the scan to finish
4. You will now see a list of outdated, problematic drivers. Update them and restart the PC to apply changes. Now check you should no longer encounter bad system config info Windows 10.
Note: Smart Driver Care offers both a trial and paid version of the product. Using the trial version, you will have to update the driver one by one. However, if you have the paid version, you can update them all by clicking Update All.
For some users, opening the CPU and looking inside to check the connection might be intimidating, but this is needed. Therefore, if you are not comfortable doing it yourself take some professional help. An improperly connected RAM and hard drive can cause a bad system config info error hence, we suggest this step.
Once you are sure that both hard disk and RAM are properly connected try using the PC. However, if you still face the problem check for the available RAM space and hard disk health. This can be done both manually and automatically. Where manually requires some technical knowledge, doing automatically simply needs to use the best PC Optimizer. Our recommendation is Advanced PC Cleanup. To know more about this tool, read the comprehensive review.
In addition to this, we suggest testing RAM to do so, you need to boot the PC in Safe Mode.
Once you are in Safe Mode, follow the steps to check RAM
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window
2. Type mdsched.exe
3. Select Restart now and check for the problems, option
4. The system will now reboot and run a memory check. This process might take a while to complete.
If any issues are detected, you might have to replace RAM.
If the above method did not work, you can try to perform these last solution:
1. Click Windows logo > Power icon > select Restart > press Shift and hit enter
2. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore
3. Choose the username > follow on-screen instructions > select restore point > next and wait for the process to finish
So this is how we can fix bad system config info Windows 10. We hope using the best ways discussed above, you can solve the BSOD error. Do let us know which method works best for you. However, if you tried using some other method do share the same in the comment section. If you like the post share it with others and if you have any feedback share it with us. We love hearing from you.
Also, Join Our Telegram Channel for more updates