Facebook always remains under scanner when it comes to security of its users data and privacy. However, this time the social media giant has come with an all new security feature that will help users to lock their Facebook profile. Yes, you head it right. Now you can lock your Facebook profile by tapping on Lock Profile option so that your photos, posts and other information can be just seen by the people on your friend list.
Undoubtedly this will give Facebook users more control over who they wish to make their profile visible with. As, enabling Facebook profile lock will now make your profile inaccessible to all the stalkers and non friends in one go, and you no need to mess with other privacy settings.
Now to answer all your questions like how to lock my Facebook profile, what happens when i lock my Facebook profile, who can still see my photos and posts we have created this in depth article. Therefore we recommend you guys to continue your read till the end as it will answer most of your queries regarding Facebook profile lock.
Lock Facebook profile via mobile app
To lock your Facebook profile via the Android mobile app:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on your profile
- Tap the three dot menu icon next to ‘Add to Story’
- Here, you should see a Lock Profile option, tap on it
- The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom, tap on it
- You should see a pop-up that says ‘You Locked Your Profile’, tap on OK
Lock Facebook profile via desktop
While there is no direct way to lock your app from the browser, there is a workaround that you can use if you do not have access to the mobile app:
- Head to https://www.facebook.com/
- Click on your profile icon In the URL, replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so that the URL now reads ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename’
- This will take you to a mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser and you should see a three dot menu next to the Edit Profile option
- In the three dot menu, you should see the Lock Profile option, click on it
- Just like the Android version, this next page will show you how locking works, with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom. Click on it
- You’re profile is now locked
iOS users can use the desktop workaround to lock their profiles or borrow an Android device and follow the aforementioned steps.
If you want to unlock your Facebook profile, the steps are the same on both the mobile app and desktop. In place of the Lock Profile option, you will now see an Unlock Profile option, tap on it and hit Unlock on the next screen. You will see a brief on how unlocking your profile works and an option to Unlock Your Profile at the bottom, click on it and your profile will be unlocked.
Do You Want To Receive Update As Soon As We Publish? JOIN US ON TELEGRAM NOW
9 thoughts on “How to Lock Your Facebook Profile via Mobile App or Desktop”
If some one needs to be updated with most recent technologies then he must be pay a visit this site and be up to date daily.| Addia Zach Lon
please use crack if the keys are not working. Thanks! Concettina Rhett Olshausen
Hi, I do believe your site might be having browser compatibility issues. When I take a look at your site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues. I merely wanted to give you a quick heads up! Aside from that, wonderful website! Cyndy Brnaba Myrilla
There is evidently a bundle to know about this. I feel you made some good points in features also. Dionne Sandor Buna
Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you make running a blog glance easy. The whole look of your site is magnificent, let alone the content material! Imelda Bear Ietta
Thanks a lot for the post. Really looking forward to read more. Great. Dodi Mychal Forward
This is my first time go to see at here and i am really impressed to read everthing at single place.| Feodora Wolfgang Ibbie
Thank you for your article post. Much thanks again. Really Cool. Sonny Herder